CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 30, 2006

Whats in a name?

What's in a name? That which we call a roseBy any other word would smell as sweet."


--From Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)


I don’t know nothin about no Billy Shakespeare but I do know something about what sounds weird.


When we were on our trip to Orlando was during the same time that the Arena Football League was having their championship game. The Orlando Predators were taking part in this game and the local news station was interviewing fans at a local sports grill. This is when a fan says,


“Orlando loves their Predators!”


A predator is an animal or other organism (such as a wolf) that hunts and kills other organisms, called prey, for food in an act called predation.


I knew what she meant but an animal on the hunt was not what came to my mind but some sicko on my space pretending to be 16 and the captain of the football team to meet young girls.

I don’t want to see the mascot for that helmet and Orlando; you can have all of Oklahoma’s predators.

0 comments: