CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Question of the Whenever

I was thinking about having a Question of the Day but that is to much of a commitment. What if I don't have the time or even a question everyday. Then I thought maybe a question of the week but I'm to impatient. What if I think of a good question today? That would be to long to wait. So I have come up with the Question of the Whenever. These questions will be posted whenever. Some are deep questions some not so much. You don't have to reply if you don't want to but you are welcome to if you want. So here it goes.

The Question of Whenever.

Do you think that our view of God is effected by how other people act?

Let me give you an example.

Some have said that some people's view of their heavenly father can be based on our their earthly father.
or
If your whole life has been filled with people treating you badly does this effect how you see God?

Is this part of the reason why some of us have a hard time surrendering to God's will?

Sorry if this is confusing. It's the first Question of the Whenever so give me a break. I'll try better next time whenever that will be.

2 comments:

clay said...

Yes. I think our view of God is definitely affected by the people around us in our lives. My view of God as Father, provider, comforter, and nurturer is a little clearer than some others' because that is a resemblence of what I had in my physical father growing up. I can't imagine how drastically different my life would be if I didn't have people in my life who have shown me Godly attributes.

Hope that makes sense and, in some way, tells you my opinion of your question.

clay

SB said...

I think it can go either way. How's that for an answer??

I have a loving earthly father, but I would imagine, if someone didn't, yet LEARNED about God, seeking Him out, it would give them comfort knowing that they DO have a father who loves & cares for them deeply. I would think they would embrace that. I mean, think about it - we know faithful, christian people who have had LOUSY fathers. In contrast, we also know people who have had loving, christian fathers, yet choose to turn away from God.

I also think that traumatic circumstances in one's life can either bring a person closer to God, or can be used as an excuse to blame God.

Basically, I think it depends on the individual & what the kind of relationship they have w/God. (Which is ultimately up to the individual--God is always there.)
I think it is easier to view God as the loving, caring Father that he is when you've had that in an earlthy father, but it also has something to do with how each person responds to their own circumstances.