CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Few of my favorite things not necessarily

The other day I was listening to Christmas songs on the radio and they played the song My Favorite Things from the movie Sound of Music. This song is considered a Christmas song because it mentions snowflakes and sleigh bells I guess. I said all that to say this, it started me thinking about not my favorite things but some of my favorite things that I miss sometimes. The key word is sometimes, some of these things are things that I wouldn’t want back necessarily but they are good times that are nice to reminisce.

*****WARNING*****WARNING****

JUST IN CASE YOU MISSED THE PREVIOUS SENTENCE, SOME OF THESE THINGS ARE THINGS THAT I WOULDN’T WANT BACK NECESSARILY BUT THEY ARE GOOD TIMES THAT ARE NICE TO REMINISCE.
          
         My Grandpa Citty
When he would come over on Christmas mornings when we were little to see what we got from Santa Claus.

     Sitting around and just talking to friends to midnight or beyond.

Kevin and Heather Hahn – Kevin was a youth minister when I was in the singles group and him and his wife and some friends from the singles
group would sit around and talk and laugh all night.

The singles group – Shan, Mark, Ryan, Greg, Karl, Kari, Kristy, Robert, Eric, Marci, Reed, Mike, Bonnie and of course my lovely wife Susan
There were others that stopped in from time to time that we fun with them too

The time before I knew of the dark side of this world.
When everything was innocence.

When I was single. ******WARNING***** please check the disclaimer
I would not want to be single again but I sometimes miss having time that it’s just me (this will also make the things I don’t miss list)

When it was just Susan and myself. ******WARNING***** please check the disclaimer
With all that I went through this year there is no way that I would want to be without my kids. I had lots of fun when it was just the two of us that’s all I’m saying.

My cousin Mike
     Mike could make me laugh so hard one minute and make me so mad the next
     We just don’t see each other anymore. He has his life and I have mine.
     We would go to the racetrack every Friday night (another thing I miss)

My life before February 2nd 2005     
     It just doesn’t feel the same.
     I have bad feelings towards people and organizations
     I feel like putting my little boy in a bubble so that he won’t get hurt

Susan’s grandmother
     I liked how she made me feel inside

Eating after eight o’clock
     These days you never know how the stomach will handle it

Shooting hoops
     Used to do a lot of that back in the day

Playstation 2
     See: shooting hoops

Clint McCutchen
     See: Susan’s grandmother


There are more I’m sure just can’t think right now. Look for part 2 coming soon to a blog near you.


If you have a list please comment    

0 comments: