CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Countdown to Turkey




We’ll the countdown has begun to Turkey Day. The emphasis has moved to the turkey somewhere between the Pilgrims and now. This doesn’t bother me that this has happened because I try to be thankful all the time not needing a certain day to remind me hey you should be thankful. I mean it’s nice idea to think that everybody’s focus is giving thanks. I might have a cynical view but this day is not about thanks. It’s about eating as much as we can eat, watching football, some time off from work and shopping at the crack of dawn.

I’m surprised that the Turkey (the official food of the Thanksgiving Holiday) has made it as the main course. I always thought it would be kind of nice to have our favorite dishes instead of food that we only have once possibly twice a year. I think this would spark interest in thankfulness.

I like Thanksgiving; it has some of my favorite things.

family
football
eating
time off from work
rest (hopefully)
hand art
giant baloons in the shape of cartoons
putting up Christmas lights

I’m very thankful for this time.
HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!





COMING SOON

COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

0 comments: